Mahendra Singh Dhoni is one of the most popular cricketers and one of the world’s most successful cricket captains. Born in Jharkhand, he was passionate about sports and played shuttle badminton, football and cricket during childhood.
He was a big fan of wicketkeeper-batsman legendary Adam Gilchrist. Soon, he started impressing people around with his wicket-keeping styles and aggressive batting and made it into junior and senior state team.
MS Dhoni Biography
|Real name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nickname||Mahi, MS, CAPTAIN COOL, MSD|
|Profession||Cricketer (Wicketkeeper, Batsman)|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm in meters- 1.75 m in feet inches- 5’ 9”|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilogram- 75 kg in pounds- 165 lbs|
|Body measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 42 inches – Waist: 32 inches – Biceps: 14 inches|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of birth||7 July 1981|
|Age (as in 2020)||39 years|
|Birthplace||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College/University||St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|Educational Qualifications||College Dropout|
|Address||Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Siblings||Brother: Narendra Singh Dhoni |
Sister: Jayanti Gupta
|Marriage date||4 July 2010|
|International Debut||ODI– 23 December 2004 against Bangladesh at Chittagong Test– 2 December 2005 against Sri Lanka at Chennai T20 – 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg|
|Last match||ODI– 9 July 2019 against New Zealand at Emirates Old Trafford Test– 26 December 2014 against Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground T20– 27 February 2019 against South Africa at The Wanderers Stadium|
|International Retirement||15 August 2020|
|Jersey Number||#7 (India) #7 (IPL)|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||AsiaXI, Bihar, CSK, Jharkhand, Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Coach||Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya|
|Batting style||Right Handed|
|Favourite shots||Helicopter shot and paddlesweep|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$103 million|
His talent and consistency got him into a place in the national team under Rahul’s leadership, Dravid. M.S Dhoni soon became the permanent wicketkeeper-batsman for India. He won many matches for India and was an excellent finisher. He was selected to lead team India in 2007.
Under the dynamic leadership of M.S Dhoni, India conquered all cricketing jewels in all formats. India was the top team in Test ranking for eighteen months starting December 2009, won the World Cup in 2011, and the World Twenty-twenty on his captaincy debut in 2007. He even changed his naturally aggressive style to play according to the situation and always showed the ability to change gears when required.
He is one of the fastest wicket keepers globally, and his helicopter shot, which he often uses in twenty-twenty matches, is amazing. He is also a Lieutenant Colonel in Territorial Army. He also holds several international records, and the most significant of all of them is the most number of stumping done by a wicketkeeper. MSD has also been a great inspiration for people in real life. After losing his first love, he stood up for his dreams and became one of the world’s most decorated cricketers.
Some Lesser Known Facts About MS Dhoni
- MS Dhoni is the first wicket-keeper batsman to lead India in Test cricket.
- Dhoni is also the only the second Indian captain to win his first Test at both, home and abroad.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni also holds the rare feat of being the only Indian captain to win five consecutive Test series.
- The former skipper of the Indian team had also served as a ‘Travelling Ticket Examiner (TTE)’ at the Kharagpur railway station.
- Dhoni was the first player in international cricket to win the ICC ODI player of the year award twice (in 2008 and 2009).
- Dhoni also holds the record for playing the most number of international matches as captain.
- He also holds the record of the most international sixes as captain in cricket.
- Dhoni, also known as ‘Mahi’, has a special love for motorcycles and his garage filled with exotics, vintage motorcycles and superbikes.
- Dhoni’s favourite actor is John Abraham.
- Dhoni is also the only captain in the world to win ODI World Cup, T20 World Cup and Champions Trophy.
- Dhoni also holds the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Territorial Army.
- The famous helicopter shot of Mahendra Singh Dhoni was taught to him by his friend and former Jharkhand cricketer Santhosh Lal.
- Dhoni has also a lot of interest in football and badminton. He also played at the district and club level in both football and badminton.
- Dhoni is also the only Indian wicket-keeper to score 4,000 runs and effect 200 dismissals from behind the stumps in Test cricket.
- Dhoni also holds the rare feat of being the only Indian captain to win five consecutive Test series.
- You might not know that Mahendra Singh Dhoni had started a merchandising business in partnership with actor Dino Morea.
- In 2009, he was reported to kick-start a multi-crore business partnership with team-mate Harbhajan Singh, but the plan didn’t went on board.
- Everyone knows about that MS Dhoni was an employee with Indian Railways, but FYI he was an employee for Air-India as well.
- In 2009, he played for Air India in the BCCI Corporate Trophy. However, Dhoni gave up his Air-India job in 2013, when he became the Vice-President of India cements.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni AWARDS
1. Padma Bhushan 2018.
2. Padma Shri 2009.
3. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna.
4. ICCI ODI Player of the year 2009,2008.
5. ICC award for spirit of Cricket.
6. MTV youth icon of the year.
7. CNN-IBN Indian of the year in Sports
8. LG people’s choice award 2013
Mahendra Singh Dhoni RECORDS
- Under his captaincy, Indian team won major tournaments in all 3 formats: the No.1 Test ranking for 18 months (2009-2011), the ODI World Cup in 2011, Champions Trophy in 2013 and the Twenty20 World Cup in 2007.
- Most centuries at the position of No.7 in ODIs.
- Most 6s in International Cricket as a captain.
- Most number of stumpings in International Cricket.
- Highest score by a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs (183 runs).
- Won most T20 International matches as a captain.
- Most times bowled in International Cricket while playing a match as a wicket-keeper.
- Only skipper to score an ODI century while batting at No.7
- First Indian wicket-keeper batsman to score 4,000 Test runs.
- Highlight score by an Indian captain in Tests (224 runs).
- 3rd skipper ever to have captained in 300+ international matches, after Ricky Ponting (324) and Stephen Fleming (303).
- The only skipper to have captained 50+ matches in all 3 formats.
- First Indian captain to win a Test series in New Zealand.
- In July 2018, he made the record of maximum stumpings in Twenty20 Internationals (33 stumpings in 91 matches).
MS Dhoni CONTROVERSIES
Dhoni’s CSK caught up in match-fixing
The 2013 IPL scandal, involving the Chennai Super Kings is pretty much known to all. But it also might have had the involvement of Dhoni, the skipper of CSK. SP Kumar, the investigator of the match-fixing saga, found that a bookie, named Kitty, had confessed that Gurunath Meiyappan had informed him that Mahendra Singh Dhoni had agreed to (score 140 and) lose a match.
Dhoni’s illegal gloves
In the same tri-nation series, Dhoni had the International Cricket Council (ICC) as well. The incident happened during India’s league match against Ricky Ponting’s Australia in Sydney. The apex cricket board found out that the keeping gloves used by Dhoni were illegal.
MSD SALARY & NET WORTH
M S Dhoni is one of the biggest names in the cricket industry. The estimated net worth of MSD is $103 million. The luxuries of MSD can be seen in his bikes and cars.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Cars & Bikes Collection
- Open Mahindra Scorpio,
- Maruti SX4,
- Hummer H2,
- Toyota Corolla,
- Land Rover Freelander,
- GMC Sierra,
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sfx,
- Mitsubishi Out Lander,
- Porsche 911,
- Audi Q7 SUV,
- Ferrari 599,
- Jeep Grand Cherokee,
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- Kawasaki Ninja H2,
- Confederate Hellcat,
- Suzuki Hayabusa,
- Norton Vintage,
- Hero Karizma ZMR,
- Yamaha Rxz,
- Yamaha Thundercat,
- Yamaha Rx,
- Ducati 1098,
- Yamaha Rd 350,
- Tvs Apache,
- Kawasaki zx14r Ninja,
- Confederate Hellcat X 132,
- Harley Davidson Fat boy,
- Enfield Machismo,
- Customized Tvs Dirt bike
MSD SOCIAL NETWORK