The real name of Akshay Kumar is Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia. He is an Indian actor and is one of the most successful Bollywood actors of all time. Kumar was born in Amritsar, Punjab, India on the 9th of September 1967. He is considered the fittest person in the Bollywood and that comes from his father, as he was a wrestler and an army officer and passed discipline and a fit lifestyle to his son.
AK wakes up before the sun every day at 5:30 in the morning and follows a strict routine every day to get to bed before 9 pm. His routine consists of 1 hour of swimming, 1 hour of martial arts followed by yoga and stretching and he ends his workout with 1 hour of meditation for peace and mental strength. Kumar says that he was never good at studies and was always too much into sports and was always encouraged by his father.
Akshay Kumar Biography
|Real name||Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia|
|Industry name||Akshay Kumar|
|Profession||Actor and Producer|
|Height (approx.)||-in centimeters- 180 cm -in meters- 1.80 m -in feet inches- 5’ 11”|
|Weight (approx.)||-in kilograms- 80 kg -in pounds- 176 lbs|
|Body measurements (approx.)||-Chest: 42 Inches – Waist: 34 Inches – Biceps: 16 Inches|
|Eye colour||Dark brown|
|Date of birth||9 September 1967|
|Age (as in 2020)||53 years|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, india|
|School||Don Bosco High School, Mirik, Darjeeling|
|College/University||Guru Nanak Khalsa College (king’s circle)Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||College dropout|
|Address||Address 1: 203 A Wing, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri(West), Mumbai 400053 Address 2: Ground Floor, Juhu Prime Beach Apartment, Gandhigram Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049|
|Father||Hari om Bhatia|
|Siblings||Sister – Alka bhatia|
|Marriage date||17 January 2001|
|Children||Daughter: Nitara Son: Aarav|
|Net worth (approx.)||Rs 980 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akshay Kumar
- Since his childhood, he was interested in martial arts and began his training in class 8.
- Prior to joining the film industry, he learnt Muay Thai in Bangkok and is also a Black Belt in Taekwondo.
- He worked as a waiter in a restaurant named Metro Guest House in Bangkok to earn his living where his initial salary was ₹1,500.
- He even worked as a peon for a travel organisation in Kolkata. He then taught martial arts to people.
- He tried his luck in modelling when one of his students, who was a photographer, recommended him to a modelling agency. After achieving success in this, he changed his name from Rajeev Om Bhatia to Akshay Kumar; as he saw a movie in which the actor opposite to his favourite actress was named Akshay.
- In the film “Aaj” in 1987, he did his 17-second debut performance as a Karate Instructor.
- Akshay was about to start his modelling projects at Bangalore, but he missed out his flight and started wandering in Natraj Studio, where he met Pramod Chakravorty and signed the film Deedar.
- His first signed film was Deedar whereas Saugandh was his first release.
- Apart from acting, he has also sung Punjabi devotional song “Nirgun Raakh Liya” and whatever the profit was made from the album, was donated to the victims of the train bombings of Mumbai.
- He is pretty emotional about the ‘firsts’ in his life, as he has still kept his first car, motorcycle, and house.
- He has also done movies concerning social awareness to raise and eradicate some social malpractices or taboos- “Toilet: Ek Prem Katha” and “Padman” are few of them.
Akshay Kumar Awards
2002: Best Villain for Ajnabee
2006: Best Comedian for Garam Masala
National Film Awards
2017: Best Actor for Rustom
Government Of India Awards
2009: Padma Shri by the Government of India
2004: Rajiv GandhiAward for his Outstanding achievements in Bollywood
Apart from these, there are many other awards that are achieved by AK.
Akshay Kumar Controversies
- He was caught up in a controversy when his wife unhooked his pants in a Lakme promotion ramp walk in Mumbai
- After his 13 flops, he decided to quit. The first thing that came to his mind is to go to Canada and do something else. He then decided to get Canadian citizenship. Later he realizes that it could be his worst decision in life and decided to stay in Bollywood and should give it another shot. One thing led to another and look where he is right now. He’s the only Indian actor in the highest-paid actors’ list according to Forbes. His movies not only entertained Indian audiences but also makes good money. He has done some films which make not only Bollywood but the whole India proud. Movies like Mission Mangal, Rustom, Airlift, Gold, and many more. Now think what if he would quit at that time and never came back again. After all this success and fame, he gets blamed to have Canadian citizenship. People never try to understand the reason behind it. He still pays his taxes in India. He still makes movies in India. He still makes INDIA PROUD.
Akshay Kumar Salary
As we know that he is quite successful in the field which is clearly indicated by his bank account. In 2019, he took 4th spot in Forbes’s highest-paid actor’s list. He collected $65 million between 1 June 2018 and 1 June 2019. Hollywood star Dwayne Johnson was on the top of the Forbes list of the 10 highest-paid actors, collecting $89.4 million. He has a house in Juhu priced 80 cr.
Akshay Kumar Bikes and Cars Collection
1. Rolls Royce Phantom – 11.5 crore
2. Bentley Continental Flying Spur – 3.2 crore
3. Range Rover Vogue – 2.18 crore
4. Mercedes Benz GLS – 1.2 crore
1. Yamaha VMax
2. Custom Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 By Vardenchi
Akshay Kumar Social Network